Pages

3.01.2015

My Body, My Fitness

Today, I had a pre-assessment at the local wellness center.  I was kind of terrified of what it was going to show, but there was actually a lot of good news.  It reaffirmed that, yes, I am overweight, but it suggests a fat loss of 84 pounds, which puts me around 177.  I think that's pretty doable considering I was aiming for 180.

My flexibility is in the 35th percentile for my age and gender.  Not great, but not awful.  My VO2 max is 29.75--around the 45th percentile for weight/age.

My lean muscle is over 100% (I.e. I have more than the "normal" range, but that's actually good), and pretty much equally-balanced left and right.  My legs are right at 100, my trunk just above, and arms are 140(!).  My muscles are appropriately hydrated, and I am not retaining too much water.  As the assessor told me, "You have a great base to work from."  They will do another assessment in three months to see how I'm doing.

So, it reaffirmed what I knew--I could stand to lose weight, be more flexible, and increase my cardiorespiratory fitness--but all of those things will happen if I just keep doing my yoga and elliptical.  Knowing that I have a healthy body, it's just hiding under some fat, was very heartening to hear.  Now, I just have to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment