Pages

2.25.2012

Dear Angel Baby

Dear Baby,

Even though you were with us only a short time, the size of the hole you have left in our hearts feels quite large. You were wanted and loved from the very first moment we knew you were there.  Chances are good that we won't ever know why you left us.  The potential reasons are myriad and, ultimately, whatever one it actually is won't make much difference.  The result is the same.  You aren't here.  We don't get to see you grow up.  We don't get to watch who you become.  Your sister won't get a chance to know you.  She won't even have any independent recollection that you ever existed.  But we will know.  And we will remember.  We feel privileged that you chose us to be your parents, even if only for a few weeks.  Be well, my child.  Your imprint on my heart will last a lifetime.

Love, Mom

Baby Hobson - 2/23/12

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss Mary and Phil. <3 *hugs* from Indiana! Prayers for all of you as you face this trial.

    Love
    Amber D (aka LarpPrincess)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words are so useless sometimes. I empathize and sympathize. It takes time and the hole in your heart does get smaller but I've always told myself that the fact that that hole never disappears entirely just allows for memory and love to always have an entry into my heart. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete