Pages

1.14.2013

Now What?

Eleven days past surgery and, although things have improved, I'm not nearly where I expected to be in terms of recovery.  Some days feel like two steps forward and one step back, but more recently it feels like one step forward and two steps back.  All of which leads to a conundrum--do I start shots on Friday or push things out?  Do I think I will feel recovered enough to put my body through transfer in a month?  I just wish that my doctor's appointment was sooner than Thursday, so I could ask the surgeon how he would evaluate my progress and what he thought.  Still, I'm leaning toward yes.  The truth is, things will always pop up and get in the way.  There is no perfect time to do anything and, goodness knows, if we're successful, we don't really get to plan anything at that point.  So, might as well just roll with the punches.

On top of everything else, we recently learned that Lil' Bit has mild sleep apnea.  It's possible that this has been exacerbating her pulmonary hypertension and that getting it taken care of would help her arterial pressures.  It should also allow her to get more/better rest which makes everyone happier.  It's easily taken care of with the removal of her tonsils and adenoids, but nothing is ever really easy with her.  She has to have special anesthesia because of her condition, so we'll have to have the surgery done where she had her heart surgery.  Further, she probably won't be able to do outpatient surgery because, what with her having to take meds six times a day, we have to make sure she is adequately swallowing and taking her meds before she can be released.  We're hoping it can wait until April so it's after both Easter and RSV season, but we have to wait and see what her cardiologist recommends.  So, lots of fun ahead.

Assuming everything goes as currently planned, 4 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment