Pages

3.29.2010

Milestones

Went to the doctor today for an ultrasound. We do not appear to be having multiples. I am officially 5 weeks and 6 days along. Due date is Nov 23--2 days before Thanksgiving. Truly something I am, and will continue to be, thankful for.

We could see the little one's heartbeat, although it was too early to be able to hear it. The little bean is about the size of a grain of rice. So tiny and yet already has a heartbeat! Incredible. We even got a picture. According to the doctor, he is pleased with our progress. I go back in two weeks for another ultrasound and, if everything still looks good, they will "graduate" me back to my regular doctor! I have also been cleared to lift 25 pounds (instead of just 10) and am permitted to walk (very slowly) a mile a day.

In the meantime, I continue to have daily shots and pills. We'll still have to take meds after 8 weeks, but it won't be by shot. Yay! Phil has been trooper in all this. I think his phrase regarding giving shots is: I'm getting very good at something I hate doing. He's been very brave and I'm so proud of him.

For me, the shots are not the most difficult thing. As a junk food aficionado, the most difficult thing about pregnancy has been eating well. I am doing much better, and it gets easier the longer I do it, but it definitely doesn't come naturally to me. Ultimately, though, having a healthy baby will be worth it (not to mention improving my own health). I just need to see it as a challenge I can throw my stubborn behind; then nothing can stop me!

For now, I'm doing my best to live the adventure each day and savor the milestones. I know it's something I should have been doing anyway, but being pregnant has made it much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment