Pages

3.05.2010

A Thankful Heart

Having been on bed rest for the last two days, I have done lots of thinking (because there isn't much else to do). As I told my mother last night when she called, bed rest is torture to me. There's stuff I could be doing! Don't get me wrong. I love lounging, and could probably lounge all day without getting up if I CHOSE to. But being ORDERED to stay put is something entirely different, and my independence fights against being told that I have to. You'd have to ask Phil to be certain, but I think I've done pretty good.

Anyway, we'll start with the update. Transfer yesterday went very well. Of the 12 fertilized eggs, only 11 survived to become 4-celled embryos. Of those 11, they transferred 2 and froze 9. They also gave us a picture of the two embryos they transferred. I cannot even begin to tell you what it felt like to see them. What's more, I hadn't expected to feel like I did when it was over; knowing that they are in there--tiny potential children. It's rather mind boggling.

But the other thing that has occurred to me over the last two days is how lucky I am. I am lucky that Phil and I were able to get a loan to try IVF. I am lucky to have a job with vacation and sick leave and the ability to work at home every now and again. I am lucky to have friends and family who love and support me. I have never felt more loved and supported than I have throughout this process. Whatever the outcome of all of this, I have received an irreplaceable and invaluable gift. Whether its hugs, prayers, emails, notes on Facebook, surprise pick-me-up presents, whatever, I have received a tangible expression of love and support that I will never forget. So thank you, for all that you have given me. I am blessed and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment