Pages

2.25.2010

Make 'Em Laugh

I am a planner. It's what I do. I like to project into the future and see if I'm on target. Anytime something changes, I reassess my plan and see what adjustments I need to make to get back on goal. They say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. God has been getting quite a few chuckles from me recently.
I went in for my second ultrasound and blood test today. Although I had intended to keep myself in the dark, the tech took it upon herself to tell me what she was looking for, what they wanted to see, and what I had. So much for keeping myself in the dark so I wouldn't obsess. Well, I apparently have lots of follicles on both sides, and three on each side are close to the magic size (20mm in case you were wondering). So, when the nurse called me this afternoon with my plan, they kept my meds exactly the same, but I am scheduled for what is likely my last ultrasound and blood test on Saturday, and it will be at the fertility center with the doctor. Obviously, it will depend on what they see, but it looks like retrieval and transfer will happen early next week, instead of late next week. That's what I get for putting in my $.02 about only have to take two days off of work. Not that any of this will make me any less likely to plan, mind you. After all, they say laughter is good medicine. And given everything going on in the world, God probably needs a few laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment