Pages

1.05.2012

And We're Off...

Well, I did it.  I just gave myself my first shot for this cycle.  It took a lot.  More than I expected.  Apparently, it made no difference that I had reached the point of being blase about giving myself shots by the end of the gestational diabetes thing.  Having had almost 14 months of not having to give myself a shot reverted me back to square one.  Well, not entirely square one--I knew I could do it.  I flinched when I did it, though.  Phil had come up to give me moral support and I couldn't do it with him watching.  Had to go to the other room.  But, I did it.  Yay!

I set up my calendar like last time and awarded myself my smiley-face reward.  I realized this evening that I have not yet made a feel better box.  I think part of why I forgot to make it is because of the sheer reduction in the number of injections I have to give myself.  We're looking at approximately 28 total shots.  That's like nothing compared to last time.  Still, I need to make my box soon because I know I will have hard days.  I will likely order most of its contents from Amazon because it's easier to have everything shipped to the house than go out shopping these days.  Don't know what I'll put in it this time, though.  No candy (drat!) as I am really trying to cut back on the chances of diabetes again and no books because I already have a stack a mile high that I can't seem to get around to.  Movies and clothes I suppose.  I'm open to suggestions.  But, I digress.  We're on our way!  Baby #2 (and 3?) here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment