Pages

9.02.2012

The Demise of Mutant M

So, back in January when I was undergoing my previous FET, I mentioned how my doctor had pronounced me a mutant because I didn't seem to experience any of the side effects of the medicine and, lo, Mutant M was born.  Sadly, Mutant M seems to have passed.  This time around, I have had headaches, stinging and slight rash at the injection site, and, most frustratingly, become an emotional wreck.  Every time I get into my car to go somewhere--work, the store, day care, dairy queen--I get all teared up and sad.

Now, there are any number of reasons for this.  One possibility is that I am totally stressed, which is making me emotional.  Possible.  But, honestly, if stress were going to cause it, I think I would have experienced it back in January when we were still learning how to cope with Lil' Bit post-surgery with meds and everything.  My personal theory?  My anti-depressants.  I am physically, chemically different than I was the last two times I took the Lupron and, since side effects are essentially chemical responses or reactions, it makes logical sense.  Ultimately, though, it doesn't really matter what has caused it.  And, at least now I can empathize with all the other ladies who experienced these symptoms.  Still, I (and likely Phil) am sad to see Mutant M go.  On the plus side, since this is our last try, I don't have to worry about whether it will bother me in the future.

So long Mutant M.  It was nice while it lasted.

18 days, 14 shots, and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment